[Scilab-users] ">" operation error in a some case

philippe rouxph.22 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 21:43:43 CEST 2016

Hi to all,

Le 27/10/2016 à 09:57, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :

 > It is very likely due to the fact that one or both operands are
 > complex-encoded.
 > You may check that with isreal(x) & isreal(y).

I've being fighting for a long time with this problem. Most of the time,
the variable x will contain complex value due to rounding errors, so
it's hard to identify the problem !!!

The error message is unclear  because it suggest that ">" (operator n°
2) is undefined  for "constant"  variable (type "s") although 1>0  works
fine ... I think it will be better that "x>y" returns the result of
"real(x)>real(y)"  to avoid rounding problems .

Philippe