[Scilab-users] Scilab - Arduino

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Mon Sep 5 21:43:36 CEST 2016

Hello,

Le 05/09/2016 21:22, Claus Futtrup a écrit :
> Hi Paul
>
> It's not necessary to download and install offline.
>
> When you look at the website for the module, it says:
>
> Category
> Instruments Control
> <https://atoms.scilab.org/categories/Instruments_Control>
>
> This means, open ATOMS, go to Instruments Control ... that's where you
> should be able to find the Arduino package.
>
> I haven't checked if it exist in ATOMS there ... but if you don't find
> the package there, please report it as a bug to Scilab.
.
I guess that Paul is running either Scilab 5.5 or Scilab 6, whereas the
"arduino" module is not yet packaged for Scilab 6 (neither the 1.2 nor
the 1.3 releases): "This toolbox is in the process of being built" => no
binary available... And was formerly available for Scilab 5.4 but not 5.5.

New versioning and filtering rules applying since end of june then make
Arduino available only from Scilab 5.4.
These rules kill the usage of many Scilab 5 resources.
It is quite hard to think that this evolution is not intentional. It was
perfectly anticipable.

Samuel