[Scilab-users] Scilab - Arduino

Nikolay Strelkov n.strelkov at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 22:56:49 CEST 2016

Dear Paul!

I'm on Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS amd64 with binary Scilab 5.5.2 amd64.

I downloaded Arduino toolbox from link in this comment (Francisco-Ronay
Lopez-estrada -- July 16, 2015, 07:51:43 PM
<https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/arduino/1.1#comment2474>) - Arduino
linux3.zip
<https://mega.co.nz/#%21T1RynDrI%21icxPWmHxbNhqPnIXpHr2wIxhipXWeNb0hRSDHu00RQQ>
.
I extracted this zip-archive to my SCIHOME directory (
/home/nikolay/.Scilab/scilab-5.5.2), then launched builder.sce and then
added loader.sce to autoload by creating
/home/nikolay/.Scilab/scilab-5.5.2/.scilab with the following line:
exec('/home/nikolay/.Scilab/scilab-5.5.2/linux3/loader.sce',-1);
Then I restarted Scilab and Arduino toolbox loaded with messages:
Startup execution:
Start Arduino
    Load macros
    Load serial dll
Shared archive loaded.
Link done.
    Load palette
    Load help
    Load demos
    Arduino Version: 1.2
-->

In Ubuntu your user should be a member of dialout group - sudo adduser
$USER dialout .
For better Scilab usability I suggest to use light window manager theme,
for example Radiance.
After this you can use Arduino with Xcos.
You can vote for official linux port of Arduino toolbox on forge
<http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/arduino/issues/1556/>.

Hope this helps.

--

*With best regards,Ph.D., assistant professor at MPEI
<http://mpei.ru/lang/en/Pages/default.aspx>,IEEE member,maintainer of