[Scilab-users] GUI save and import data

petarf petar.filipovic at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 15 10:10:06 CEST 2016

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for your reply. It is hard for me to explain this but I will try
to make it simple and effective. I have master file in which I create GUI
and set initial values. Part of the code where I set inital values is:

//
labels1=["Q","dpTot","rho","n","eta"];
labels2=["m^3/s","Pa","kg/m^3","rev/min","-",];
values1=[0,0,0,0,0];

for k=1:size(labels1,2)
    //

guientry1(k)=uicontrol("parent",axfanblade,"style","edit","string",string(values1(k)),"position",[L3,guih1-k*20+guih1o,180,20],"horizontalalignment","left","fontsize",14,"background",[.9
.9 .9],"tag",labels1(k));
//
end

After that, master file creates push button which calls script that do some
calculation. In that file I obtain values that I enter manually with "tag"
option as I mentioned in previous comment.
//
Q=findobj("tag","Q"); param.Q=evstr(Q.string);
etc.
//

This works when parameters are set in GUI master file or when I enter them
manually in the created GUI.

Next I have created scrtip which opens a text file and read parameters from
.txt file. But it seems that values are only replaced in GUI, I see them in
GUI but they are not read with "tag" option in the scritp that do
calculation. Scritp does the calculation with old parameters. I have 25
parameters that I need to eneter to do calculation it is annoying to enter
them manually all over again.

Regards,
Petar