[Scilab-users] Cubic spline

Rafael Guerra jrafaelbguerra at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 21 13:11:51 CEST 2016

Hi Claus,

To try understand the significance of the differences between Scilab and the Fortran code, you could provide a small sample dataset (<10 points) that illustrates your point and tell us what you do not like.
Say, you could provide:  [xi,yi] the spline input, [x,yf] the Fortran results and [x,ys] the Scilab results.

According to interp1 documentation it seems that there is no option to pass any spline arguments such as 'natural'. There are many more options available when using the dedicated splin and interp functions, as in the example I have provided.

Regarding the quality of the linear algebra methods used in Scilab, this is beyond my knowledge.
It seems that BLAS/LAPACK are used but not always.
See discussion on: https://wiki.scilab.org/LackOfUseOfBLAS-LAPACK and also the references provided.

Regards,
Rafael