[Scilab-users] Scilab 6, Exclamation mark in variable names

Jens Simon Strom j.s.strom at hslmg.de
Sat Apr 8 23:24:52 CEST 2017

Hi,
The character "!"  in variable names is parsed as "unexpected token" and
terminates  execution. Will this be corrected to comply with the
documentation saying "Names of variables and functions must begin with a
letter or one of the following special characters '|%|', '|_|', '|#|',
'|!|', '|$|', '|?|'. Next characters may be letters or digits or any
special character in '|_|', '|#|', '|!|', '|$|', '|?|'."?

Hundreds of my self defined functions use "!" as initial character to
remind me that the name belongs to a function.

Kind regards
Jens