[Scilab-users] Arduino ATOM on Scilab 5.5.2 under Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Nikolay Strelkov n.strelkov at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 19:27:17 CEST 2017

Dear Scilab users!

Recently I have installed Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, it has Scilab 5.5.2 in
repositories <http://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/scilab>.

I planned to use it with Arduino Uno board, so I tried to install arduino
toolbox (ATOMS) with
-->atomsInstall('arduino')
atomsInstallList: The package arduino is not available.
 !--error 10000

at line      51 of function atomsError called by :
at line      76 of function atomsInstallList called by :
at line     233 of function atomsInstall called by :
atomsInstall('arduino')

so I can't install it.

I can't understand why this toolbox is not available
<https://atoms.scilab.org/?order=&direction=&key=arduino&title=on&platform=&scilab_supported_version=5.5>.

It has huge free-software popularization and educational potential. Isn't
it?

Someone opened ticket on Forge
<http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/arduino/issues/1556/> to indicate this
problem. But with no results.
It seems that Scilab-forge is half-dead.
I remember the last discussion
<http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Scilab-users-Scilab-Arduino-tt4034546.html#a4034553>
about Arduino and Scilab 5.5.2, it solves the problem, but it is not
newbie-friendly to download, extract and run ATOM-archive manually.

Please compile this toolbox for Scilab 5.5.2 and make it available as ATOM
on all platforms.
Moreover it is not available for Scilab 6 as explained in the new ticket
<http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/arduino/issues/1684/> and on ATOMS site
<https://atoms.scilab.org/?order=&direction=&key=arduino&title=on&platform=&scilab_supported_version=6.0>
.

--