[Scilab-users] Use of optimized ATLAS binary with Scilab (on linux)

Antoine Monmayrant antoine.monmayrant at laas.fr
Tue Apr 11 13:58:43 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I wonder whether any of you has tried to use optimized ATLAS binary instead of the default one provided by Scilab (in the SCI/lib/thirdparty).
I read that it can greatly increase Scilab speed for some linear algebra computations (see Programming in Scilab by Michaël Baudin, p135, available here: http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/docprogscilab/downloads/).
I tried to remove libblas from the SCI subfolders, but then it seems that Scilab fails to find the library installed on my machine.
Any tips?

Antoine