[Scilab-users] ?==?utf-8?q? Use of optimized ATLAS binary with Scilab (on?==?utf-8?q? linux)

Clément David Clement.David at esi-group.com
Wed Apr 12 16:34:24 CEST 2017

Hello Antoine, Nikolay,

The selection of a much performant BLAS / LAPACK implementation is very system-dependent and I don't
want to maintain something not standard / widely deployed on Linux distributions. As a reference,
the current Fedora status is to link against the library used at build-time [1]. Nicolay pointed on
a similar link for Debian which use /etc/alternatives to let the user select a library.

Currently, it is still possible to enforce a specific BLAS/LAPACK library using LD_PRELOAD
(LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib64/libopenblaso.so.0 bin/scilab for example). However it could not be enforced
within Scilab stock version even it is known [2] that Atlas or OpenBLAS will slightly improve Scilab
speed as it is highly system / user dependent choice.

[1]: https://pagure.io/packaging-committee/issue/588
[2]: https://wiki.scilab.org/Linalg%20performances

Thanks,

--