[Scilab-users] Monotone preserving splin

fujimoto2005 fujimoto2005 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 07:23:14 CEST 2017

As for the function "splin", when we set spline_type ="monotone", "splin"
returns the slope values preserving data monotonicity.
These slope values are the adjusted ones of the original slope values to
satisfy some constraints.
In order to get the original slope values, we need additional information on
the derivatives of end points such as "not_a_knot", "clamped" and "natural"
or others.
I would like to know what conditions are used when spline_type ="monotone".

Best regards