[Scilab-users] Monotone preserving splin

fujimoto2005 fujimoto2005 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 11:19:22 CEST 2017

Dear Bruno

Wiki "Monotone_cubic_interpolation" explains the Fritsch-Carlson method
which uses the finite difference approximations as the derivatives.
However, splin seems to use the derivative of interpolant as the original
slope values.
The interpolant can be determined once we set the additional constraints for
the derivatives at  x1 and xn.
I think splin with "monotone" uses some conditions for them and I want to
understand them exactly.

Best regards.