[Scilab-users] Call for reviewer <= SEP: upgrading weekday()

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Tue Aug 1 14:00:43 CEST 2017

Hello Richard,

Thanks for your input. I am answering in the body:

Le 01/08/2017 à 13:07, Richard llom a écrit :
> I find it confusing that only "DD/MM/YYYY" doesn't require a leading zero,
> while all others do...

Not all, just the YYYY-MM-DD... one, because this format is a
normalized/standard one.
As documented, the DD-Mmm-YYYY like "12-Feb-2031" or "7-Jun-2024" does nor
require any mandatory leading zero.

> Also there is no support at all for the us date format (MM/DD/YYYY). Not a
> fan of it, but users from the USA might appreciate it.

Then, for a big subset of dates, there would not be any way to
distinguish it from DD/MM/YYYY,
unless for instance using a distinct separator: MM\DD\YYYY. Not sure
that this would be actually ok.
Would it? IMO, a "US" optional flag would not be more handy.

Best regards
Samuel