[Scilab-users] Call for reviewer <= SEP: upgrading weekday()

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Tue Aug 1 15:06:06 CEST 2017

Le 01/08/2017 à 14:24, Richard llom a écrit :
>> unless for instance using a distinct separator: MM\DD\YYYY. Not sure
>> that this would be actually ok.
>> Would it? IMO, a "US" optional flag would not be more handy.
> IMO the "US" optional flag would be the only reasonable solution. Also for
> someone who has his source date in US-format, this optional flag would
> certainly be more handy than converting the date before / inline...

OK. So, instead of an option, we could use a prefix, that will be even
handier,
like in "US7/24/2017". It could be specified just with "US"+myDate
instead of myDate,"US",
without having to think about the place of the "US" option wrt the"long"
one.
We could use "US " (with a space) instead of "US", if a literal
readability is essential
(not my opinion). Anyway, the prefix must be fixed: either "US", xor "US ".
Any preference?

Samuel