[Scilab-users] Save figure as landscape DIN A4 PDF

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Wed Aug 2 13:59:29 CEST 2017

Le 02/08/2017 à 10:52, Richard llom a écrit :
>> Have you tried printsetupbox() (for the default parameters) or
>> printfigure(i) for printing parameters only for a given figure?
> Both of these involve the GUI and user interaction, which I BOTH want to
> avoid...

AFAIRemember, options set with printsetupbox() are not saved, in such a
way that for each next Scilab session, one has to reset options as
wished. I could have bet that this cumbersome situation is reported on
Bugzilla, but i have not found the related report.
For services or modules having a preferences file,
getPreferencesValues() and setPreferencesValues() can be used to set
existing configuration parameters in a programmatic way.

> Furthermore printsetupbox() doesn't seem to have an effect on the saved pdf
> and
> in the printfigure() dialog I didn't find any option for pdf at all...
>
> So I guess my only option is to do it by figure_size then?
>
>>> Secondly, after the file is saved, I want to present a link in the
>>> console
>>> which the user can click on to open the file in his pdf-viewer.
>>> Unfortunately I didn't found any command for links?
>> It is presently not possible in the console. But it is possible to do
>> this through the Scilab file browser.
> .. which is not as handy.

Right, noticeably if your document is not in the current working directory.
In GUI, it is possible to use HTML and so to display HTML hyperlinks,
and then set an href to file://...
So, you may define your own GUI -- even a small one -- with this kind of
feature.

> Is there already a feature request (bug id) for this?

--> uman console/>link wb
http://bugzilla.scilab.org/5509  is the nearest report