[Scilab-users] Problem with GUI / SERIAL / REALTIME.

Robin Farine robin.farine at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 10:34:17 CEST 2017

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 5:00 AM, Jonas <jonas.vieira.de.souza at gmail.com> wrote:

> That's what it looks like, single-threaded occupied by the looping of the open_serial () function.
> Do not manipulate the button.
>
> Do you have any workarounds for this?
> What option do I have in this case?

With my very limited knowledge of Scilab in general and total
ignorance of the serial toolbox in particular, I do not see any way to
combine asynchronous UI events handling with serial port I/O in Scilab
code alone. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can enlighten us.

One option could be to handle the UI and I/O part in Tcl and call
Scilab code from there to perform the sequential data processing part
(see e.g. 'ScilabEval')?