[Scilab-users] vectorfind() upgrade [SEP]

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Thu Aug 17 11:10:11 CEST 2017

Hi Hermes,

Le 17/08/2017 à 10:31, Hermes a écrit :
> Hi Samuel,
> Good morning, please guide me how to update scilab so I can use the update
> function: vectorfind.
>
> I have writw access to Scilab installation directory
> Gracias

There are several ways to include it in Scilab. All ways require first
to download vectorfind.sci:

  * Go here: https://codereview.scilab.org/#/c/19055/
  * Click on the vectorfind.sci line
  * On the right green panel, click on the download icon ending the list
    of /Patch Set/, at the (not very) top of the panel. Unzip and save
    the .sci as /vectorfind.sci/ somewhere on your disk.

Then, if you just want to test vectorfind(), you must just do:

--> exec("path/to/vectorfind.sci",-1);

This will redefine it. But anyclear instruction can remove it (and
automatically restore the default version).
You can do that in your personal startup file:
--> edit SCIHOME/scilab.ini
--> // Then add the exec(..) instruction, providing an absolute path,
and save.
--> // You will have then the new vectorfind for each forthcoming Scilab
session,
--> // but still proned to erasing with "clear".
--> // You may also use

--> getd("path/to/vectorfind/dir")

--> // instead of the exec() instruction. See help getd()

If you wish to have it protected against "clear", you must

  * either include it in an existing library of macros, and recompile
    the library with genlib(..)
    (this requires to be scilab admin only if the library is in the
    Scilab installation tree)

  * or build its own library (named vectorfindlib), with genlib(),
    and load it in your startup file, including a
    vectorfindlib = lib(path/to/vectorfind/directory);
    instruction in your startup (as done here-above).
    Then, it will replace the default vectorfind() function (unless you
    write explicitly elementary_functionslib.vectorfind(...) to address
    and use it).

HTH
Samuel