[Scilab-users] Variable Capacitor

Tim Wescott tim at wescottdesign.com
Tue Feb 21 20:46:58 CET 2017

It depends on what you're simulating -- if it's an RLC circuit and the
cap value is changing slowly with respect to the resonant frequency,
for example, then that's not so big a deal.  Ditto if you're using a
variable cap block to model a Varicap diode (which isn't going to act
like a mechanical capacitor whose plates are moving in and out).

But yes, if you're modeling a real live phenomenon with conductors
moving in relation to each other, and if it's in a broadband circuit,
then you at least need to worry about conservation of charge.