[Scilab-users] On parameters passing by name in scilab functions

Adelson Oliveira adelson.oliveira at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 22:57:06 CET 2017

Well, now scilab 6.0 ignores named parameters at fft calls. One can check
it with

fft(eye(4,4),-1,dims=4,incr=1)-fft(eye(4,4),-1)

the result is 4X4 matrix with zeros. This is different from (without names):

fft(eye(4,4),-1,4,1)-fft(eye(4,4),-1).

Then, I guess it is to say optional parameters are no longer "fully"
optional, they must be provided in their order ...

But anyway, it seems that my personal "macros" or functions still work with
named optional parameters (opt1, opt2, ....) treated as,

   if exists('opt1','local') == 0 then
      opt1 = default_opt1.;
   end