[Scilab-users] Redirecting the console output into a file

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Sat Jan 14 15:50:21 CET 2017

Hello,

I am wondering if there is any way to temporarily redirect the console
output into a file.
I mean, not copying the stream as diary() does, but getting in a file
the contents that are usually displayed, without displaying them.

I tried to change %io(2) with the id of a file opened with mopen(). Even
when unprotecting %io with predef("clear") before changing %io(2), it
does not work.

The best i did up to now is using diary, and then using clc(n) to clear
the displayed contents.
But it is an awful (and slow) solution.

Any hint would be appreciated
Regards