[Scilab-users] Visual Studio 2015

antoine.elias at scilab-enterprises.com antoine.elias at scilab-enterprises.com
Mon Jan 16 13:42:05 CET 2017

Hello James,

You can use VS 2015 to build your toolbox but to distribute it you need
to provide runtime libraries
or install VS 2015 runtime on target computer.
(https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145)
Scilab 6 beta 2 provides only VS 2013 runtime libraries

At Scilab start, call findmsvccompiler() to get version that Scilab
found.
If VS 2013 pro is found (msvc120pro [1]) , Scilab always use it to avoid
compatibility trouble.
You can force Scilab to use another MS compiler by setting environment
variable "SCILAB_PREFERED_MSVC" ( with misspelling ^^ )

setenv("SCILAB_PREFERED_MSVC", "msvc140pro"); //to set VS 2015 pro as
c/c++ compiler

Antoine

[1] relation entre la version du compiler et celle de Visual Studio
MSVC++ 10.0 (Visual Studio 2010)
MSVC++ 11.0 (Visual Studio 2012)
MSVC++ 12.0 (Visual Studio 2013)
MSVC++ 14.0 (Visual Studio 2015)