[Scilab-users] Non rectangular contour plot

Max Rossi mrscilab at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 00:54:42 CET 2017

Hi everybody,

sorry for the lack of clarity and thanks for all your suggestions: in fact
I'm trying to understand if one XgYg grid point is contained or not in the
envelope of some scattered XY coordinates (which I can assume as convex).

Extraction works fine when the condition is simple. As a matter of fact for
the circle I worked it out that way:

Zg_nan = find(Xg.^2 + Yg.^2 > max(X.^2 + Y.^2));
map1(Zg_nan) = %nan;

For the general case, I thought about the brute force mentioned by Bruno but
somebody may be tempted to set a px_size for the grid much smaller than the
measured points spread. What I can do is to constrain the grid size to be
greater than the minimum measured XY distance and/or using as suggested an
adequate threshold for the Zg_nan check.

As for Samuel, the Z outside the ROI are not measured at all but thanks for
the in_polygon function: that's another very useful option. In that case I
should retrieve vertex coordinates by Christophe's marche_jarvis (wow) and
than use the in_polygon to generate the boolean mask. That should do it!

Best,
m.