[Scilab-users] sparse in Scilab 6.0.0

Pinçon Bruno bruno.pincon at univ-lorraine.fr
Sat Jul 8 10:00:19 CEST 2017

Le 08/07/2017 à 04:13, Taiji HAGIWARA a écrit :
> Dear all,
>
> I have a question on "sparse" function in ver.6.0.0
> Sparse function in ver.6.0.0 returns different answer compared to
> ver.5.2.2.  I am using Scilab 6.0.0 on Windows 10 (64bit)
>
> When we set same (i,j) factor twice or more,
> ie.
> ij=[i1,j1;
>     i1,j1]
> v=[a1;
>     a2]
>
> Scilab 5.5.2 used to return the sum of corresponding value, a1+a2.
> But Scilab 6.0.0 now returns the last entry, a2.
>
> Is it a bug?
> Otherwise, is it a intended revision?

       Hi all,

     If it is the case, it's for sure a very bad idea : the sum feature
    of the sparse function is used to build finite element matrices fastly
    in those softwares (matlab like). At least the usual behavior could be
   changed by an additionnal option parameter (with the default set to
   get the old behavior).

    hth
   Bruno