[Scilab-users] Imresize function in SIVP

nigamakashkumar nigamakashkumar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 06:05:11 CEST 2017

Hi everyone,

Does imresize function in the SIVP module affect the clarity of the image.
There is nothing of this sort written in the documentation. Are there any
functions in any other toolboxes that might resize without loss of image
information?

I need to resize images for my application, without loss of clarity, i.e
using vector graphics (otherwise it would hurt the accuracy of image
processing, and there is also user interaction). Is it possible? I also need
it to be reasonably fast on a normal machine, like 3-4 seconds maximum for
color images of resolution 2592*1944 (around 2 MB).

Is it reasonable to go after this. Or should I leave the user to scroll on
and on and get to the desired part of the image (I am using scilab in
labview which allows scrolling of images bigger than the indicator window
size, but that is inconvenient. Hence I wish to resize).

Regards
Akash Kumar Nigam