[Scilab-users] Transfer Data Real Time to Scilab.

saumya_doshi saumyadoshi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 08:11:02 CEST 2017

Hello,

I am trying to transfer data to Scilab from Terminal of a process that
generates data continuously over real time. As far as the data is static,
there is no issue. I'm using Scilab-C API for the same. Through Scilab, I
pass a command to the Terminal in String format which gets executed and the
output is stored in a column matrix of string data type which is then
transferred to the output argument of Scilab. Now, for normal commands, for
example, "ls", which has a static output, it works fine. The problem arises
for a process which generates varying real time data for eg.: "top", for
which even in Terminal I have to use Ctrl+C or Ctrl+Z, to interrupt/stop the
process. For such commands, I get a Segmentation Fault, and Scilab crashes.

I just need to know how to store data at any particular point of time of
such a process and if possible, in a way that it keeps getting updated in
the background, through the Scilab-C API.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!