[Scilab-users] Plot with 2 y-axes

Richard llom richard.llom at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 00:51:34 CEST 2017

Hello fellow scilab-users,
I'm having a hard time creating a plot with two y-axes. This is what I tried
so far:

// Visualization
clf();
// Channel 1
plot2d(1:10,1:10);
ax1=gca();
ax1.x_label.text="time";
ax1.y_label.text="ch1";
ax1.y_location="left";
ax1.foreground=5;
ax1.font_color=5; // red

// Channel 2
ax2=newaxes();
plot2d(1:10,5:-0.25:2.75);
ax2.y_label.text="ch2";
ax2.y_location="right";
ax1.foreground=2;
ax2.font_color=2; // blue

1.
First of all I'm missing my first plot. It seems to be erased by the 2nd
one, although in the help it says "By default, successive plots are
superposed."???

2.
For channel 1 I want to have all information in red, that is the line,
y-axes, y-label but not x-axes. Same for ch2 but in blue. How do I achieve
this?

3.
Is it possible to create a third y-axes like this:
https://i.stack.imgur.com/BYFr4.png
?

Many Thanks,
richard