[Scilab-users] Compiling Scilab with MPI

Eduardo Martini martini_edu at yahoo.com.br
Fri Mar 3 13:45:45 CET 2017

Hello you all

Hope someone can help me, I am trying to compile scilab 5.5.2 from source in order to use MPI to get a simulation to run in parallel.
I downloaded the 5.5.2 version and its Compilation prerequirements from https://www.scilab.org/development/ml .
I extracted both into a folder and performed a ./configure with no errors at all   (I skipped the --with-mpi in the first try, just to keep it simple)
But when I tried to compile with "make" after a while I get a error
"Found dependency from scilab-cli-bin to libstdc++ foundMakefile:2092: recipe for target 'check-libstdcpp-dep' failedmake[1]: *** [check-libstdcpp-dep] Error 2make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/emartini/Downloads/scilab-5.5.2'Makefile:1541: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failedmake: *** [all-recursive] Error 1"
I have no clue what to do about it, (and clearly adding MPI didn't help neither...) .Can someone help me out on this one?!

Thanks a lot in advance!!!