[Scilab-users] using intersci in 6.0.0 (was: Matlab vs Scilab perf; calling a fortran routine.)

Clément David clement.david at scilab-enterprises.com
Mon Mar 6 09:57:59 CET 2017

> While I'm on the subject, the old  Intersci system was a very convenient way to automatically
> generate the interface routine between scilab and an arbitrary fortran subroutine.  There seems
> not to be recent documentation on doing the same (specifically for fortran).  Or am I missing
> something?   I've had to use the "call" interface to use old code.  Is there a better way?

In Scilab 6.0.0, we did not reproduce and intersci code generation as this is handled by another
tool called `SWIG` [1] for multiple scripting (or not) languages. This idea is to let the tool parse
an C interface description (similar to a .h file with directives) and generate the wrapper code for
a specific language.

Scilab is natively supported and the tool generates API Scilab code. IMHO this is way simpler to
define in interface just writing C code instead of guessing what's the intersci encoding scheme :)
for a specific parameter.

[1]: http://swig.org/

Thanks,

--