[Scilab-users] Native managed Hypermatrices affect the Matplot functionality?

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Sun Mar 12 12:10:37 CET 2017

Le 12/03/2017 à 07:21, Tan Chin Luh a écrit :
> Thanks Samuel,
>
> Before I make the report, just to clarify one more point.
>
> The data extracted suppose to show white color plot, however:
>

> a = uint8(zeros(480,640,3));
> a(:,:,1) = uint8(255);
> a(:,:,2) = uint8(180);
> a(:,:,3) = uint8(60);
> Matplot(a);
> *// View the image first before running following lines, this will
> show orange color*
> e = gce();
> e.data = a;
> *// **this will show 3 columns of image, left -> white, middle ->
> gray, right -> black*
> b = e.data;
> and(b==255)
> *// this will show white image*
> Matplot(b);

Yes, you are right: there are 2 sides of this bug

  * the 3 layers are partially taken into account to render the area,
    but are likely badly sampled. It looks quite similar to the bug
    http://bugzilla.scilab.org/14886
  * only the first layer is assigned to .data, and they are no longer
    data corresponding to the rendering.

All 6.0.0 bugs about Matplot and Matplot1 somewhat hinder image
rendering so image processing applications, that are the most
downloaded. IMO, because they have regressed and they are very used,
curing them should be of high priority.

Regards
Samuel