[Scilab-users] non linear optim

David Chèze david.cheze at cea.fr
Mon Mar 20 11:48:20 CET 2017

Hi,

I'm running scilab 6.0 on WIN7_64 and I failed to run optimisation based on
'optim' functions (leastsq) while fminsearch performed well. The call in my
code are summarized below :

-----
function RMSE=evaloptiM1D(X)
... calls to other macros to calculate the "cost"=RMSE returned value
endfunction

x0= [1.27 ; 0.8]

[fopt, xopt]=leastsq(evaloptiM1D,x0)   //fail

[x, fval]=fminsearch(evaloptiM1D,x0',opt)  //run ok

fminsearch returns successfully X = 1.22 0.77
while
leastsq starts then fails with :

User function 'costf' have not been setted.

Any idea about what it means and where it could comes from ?

Thanks for your advice

David