[Scilab-users] non linear optim

David Chèze david.cheze at cea.fr
Mon Mar 20 16:53:41 CET 2017

Hi Paul,

the leastsq examples run properly on my machine, as well as other tests with
simple functions inside.

I looked at leastsq first because of the minimal request very simple way to
express the problem f=costf(X) with functions that are not quickly
vectorizable. Otherwise I was used to datafit. I saw in lsqrsolve that we
need to provide the numbers of equations to run the solver, maybe it's
similar for leastsq ? In my case the costf function evaluates the model over
7 tests, each test is 6 to 7 evaluations of different configurations. I'm
limiting to 2 unknowns to calibrate in my model so the problem can be solve
a priori  but leastsq is not informed of that a priori .

and