[Scilab-users] ?= Install image processing toolbo

Tan Chin Luh chinluh at tritytech.com
Tue Mar 21 09:09:26 CET 2017

Hi,

> I faced case #1: Ubuntu 16.04 with recent kernel.
> The thing with Atoms is that you don't go and check the website, you just install and are left wondering why this module just killed your scilab install. It's a fairly bad first experience and I think it turns away some potential users.
I've put that in the "Additional build instructions", but apparently it
is just visible for the maintainers. I should have put it in the
description.
> Do you think it would be possible to design your atoms module to warn users of the issue and workaround?
> This could be done in the "IPCV.start" script.
I thought of that as well, however, I would need more installation
feedback before I could cater for most possibilities. Else, the errors
might be more unpredictable for other platform. I will look into the
best way in next release.

thanks for your feedback.

rgds,
Chin Luh