[Scilab-users] 3D interpolation

Tim Wescott tim at wescottdesign.com
Fri Mar 24 18:51:31 CET 2017

I'm not an expert.  But:

I did a quick spin through the help files and came up with splin2d and
interp2d.  It looks like what you want -- get the splines in x and T
using splin2d, and find the y values for a given x and T using
interp2d.

I don't know if this is the very best way to do this mathematically --
I know that this sort of 2D interpolated look-up is used extensively in
engine management units in cars (they're called "maps" in that lingo),
so there's probably a lot of research on accuracy vs. efficiency
tradeoffs.