[Scilab-users] linking (jumping) from line of code to an other

Pierre Payen payen.pierre at gmail.com
Tue May 16 15:18:52 CEST 2017

Is there some routines like goto ? I've never heard of it, so I doubt it.
The jumping (which can be partially achieved with break, abort, continue)
has to be avoided , with the reason explained in the previous emails.

Regarding your code, if we follow the algorithm then no matter DM, if P <
100 then you set up DM to 0 and increase P.
So you could switch the if statement , making the P test in the first place,
thus you only write your decreasing of P only once, as asked :

P = 200;
DM = 1;

for n = 1:10
    if P > 100 then
      if DM == 1 then
        P = P - 60
      else
        P = P - 30
      end
      DM = 1
      printf('P bigger  than 100. DM = %d\n',DM)
    else
      DM = 0
      P = P + 100 //instead of writing P = P + 100, I would like ...
      printf('P smaller than 100. DM = %d\n',DM)
    end
  printf('%d %d\n',n,P) // changed disp for printf
end