[Scilab-users] frame, plot & non working zoom: your help for a bug report and a possible workaround

Antoine Monmayrant amonmayr at laas.fr
Fri Nov 10 21:32:31 CET 2017

Hello Scilab users,

I'm facing a bug that prevents zooming on a plot inside a frame (or a tab).
Here is my minimum working (or bugging) example:

//////////////////////////////////
// Two axes in one figure:
// left one is inside a frame
// right one is directly attached to the figure
// GUI zoom and zoom_rect don't work on the left plot

h=scf();
h.axes_size=[800,600];
a_right=newaxes(h);
a_right.axes_bounds(3)=0.5;
a_right.axes_bounds(1)=0.5
plot2d()
a_right.title.text="GUI zoom & zoom_rect work here";

frame_left = uicontrol(h, ...
   "style", "frame", ...
   "backgroundcolor", [1 0 1], ...
   "Position", [0,0,400,600]);
a_left=newaxes(frame_left);
plot2d();
a_left.title.text="GUI zoom & zoom_rect DO NOT work here";

Now come the questions:

1) Did you face the same bug and do you know any workaround to zoom on a plot inside a frame?
2) I plan to report a bug, any advice on the short summary keywords? "zoom not working on plots inside frame or tab uicontrols"?

Cheers,

Antoine