[Scilab-users] can not create Scilab Java Main_Class after installation of SL 5.5.0.32 on windows 7

Stefan Du Rietz sdr at durietz.se
Sun Sep 3 10:08:41 CEST 2017

On 2017-09-02 21:39, Samuel Gougeon wrote:
> Le 02/09/2017 à 20:58, rlandersen a écrit :
>> I still have the problem.
>>
>> Anyone found a solution for this?
>> Please post.
>
> Does the console version run? It does not run the Java virtual Machine.
> This may make a difference in your case.
> If it does, then type
> --> SCIHOME // in the "safe" scilab session
> and delete the correponding directory (after closing the Scilab session).
>
> It is usually useless to uninstal/reinstal Scilab. Most of problems come
> from a corrupted file in the SCIHOME directory. Uninstalling Scilab
> does not remove its SCIHOME reated directory.
>
> HTH
> Samuel

I also still have the problem with 32-bit Windows 7. Not even does the
console version run with a local installation of Scilab 5.5.2 ...

And Scilab 5.4.1 has stopped running as well (just an invisible error
window)!

In computers with Windows 10 or Ubuntu Linux all Scilab versions run.

Regards
Stefan