[Scilab-users] SciNetCDF for Scilab 6.x

Ekin Akoglu ekinakoglu at tutanota.com
Mon Aug 13 20:04:10 CEST 2018

Dear Lester,

Yes, Scilab does support GCC but only on Unix-like systems. On Windows systems, you will need Microsoft Visual Studio to compile ATOMS modules (please see https://www.scilab.org/download/requirements <https://www.scilab.org/download/requirements>).

Luckily, you can obtain Visual Studio Community Edition for free from Microsoft (https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs <https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs/>). Please make sure that you select the C++ components to be installed while installing VS because you will need them to be able to compile ATOMS modules with Scilab and they are not installed by default with a standard VS installation. On my Windows 10 VM I could successfully compile scinetcdf using Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition following the 5 steps I outlined in one of my previous e-mails.

Best,

Ekin

--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Claim your encrypted mailbox today!
https://tutanota.com <https://tutanota.com>