[Scilab-users] ode with algebraic constraint

Jens Simon Strom j.s.strom at hslmg.de
Tue Aug 14 12:35:35 CEST 2018

Hallo Rafael,
This mail arrived properly!

To my taste  the equation of motion of a spherical pendulum (which we
are actually treating here) is much easier to understand in the way you
presented it than the one in spherical coordinates filling the
textbooks.  Perhaps Lagrange and Hamilton are so fascinating that
outhors miss the simple route and prefer to play with advanced methods.

I prefer not to use a numerical controlled milling machine when a simple
fad can do it too.

Best regards
Jens