[Scilab-users] Scilab-6.0.0 stopped working

Paul Onions ponions37 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 14:54:11 CET 2018

On 6 February 2018 at 13:25, Pablo Fonovich <pablo_f_7 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I also followed the steps in my Ubuntu 17.10 but it just keeps installing
> scilab 5.5.2. Am i doing something wrong?

I seem to remember doing a "sudo apt update" after step 2, before step
3.  I also made sure I had removed the 5.5.2 release before trying
this, just to make sure things didn't get confused.  Though as shown
in my last message I still managed to confuse myself a little bit by
not removing the tarfile 6.0.0 release I had lying around :-)

Hope this helps,
Paul