[Scilab-users] repmat() slow compared to .* and .*. <= Re: More rapid calculation

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Mon Feb 26 11:15:03 CET 2018

Hello Stéphane,

Le 16/02/2018 à 08:24, Stéphane Mottelet a écrit :
> Hello Samuel,
>
> It is a good initiative. Looking at your proposed code, I see that you
> use "execstr" on strings which are forged on the fly. Although the
> obtained expression will be faster (this was the goal), AFAIK such
> constructs are not "compilable" the same way as the straight
> expression. For the time being, Scilab does not use JIT compilation,
> but I think that such  constructs are typically not optimal and that
> it/then/else constructs should be used instead.

Here, an if/then/else or rather select/case construct is not possible,
since the number of cases is unknown, open, not limited. So the
construct would anyway include a final /else/ including an /execstr()
/instruction.

But, even if avoiding execstr() is not a priority, there is here another
solution, that is now implemented.

The final execstr() for the overloading routing can't be avoided. This
is typically the case of the processing of open unknown cases.

Samuel