[Scilab-users] circshift() : Scilab Enhancement Proposal

Rafael Guerra jrafaelbguerra at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 7 15:04:30 CEST 2018

Hi Samuel,

Fyi, many DFT references recommend averaging the values at endpoints and discontinuities in general. See for instance:

Briggs, W. L. and V. E. Henson [1005] The DFT: an owner's manual for the Discrete Fourier Transform, SIAM, Philadelphia.

I think my solution is simple and it looks harmless to me. At least the results look reasonable for different amounts of fractional shifts tested.

But I will keep studying the subject.

Maybe some expert on the matter can jump in.

Note sure about your last question as many scenarios can be thought of, of continuous functions with discontinuities and their sampled versions.

I can think of cases where the slope can be < |u($)-u(1)|/1

Regards,

Rafael