[Scilab-users] orthogonal polynomials

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Sat Jun 9 19:10:53 CEST 2018

Le 09/06/2018 à 18:59, Jean-Philippe Grivet a écrit :
> Thank you Samuel. However, there are some remaining bugs !When I
> launch Scilab, I ger the following d=series of messages:
>
> Start Linalg
> Start Makematrix
> Start Specfun
> Start Helptbx
> Start Distfun
> Start Stixbox
> Start Apifun
>     Load macros
>     Load help
>     Type "help apifun_overview" for quick start.
> Start Ortpol
>     Load macros
>     Load help
>     Load demos
>     Type "help ortpol_overview" for quick start.
>     Type "demo_gui()" and search for "Ortpol" for Demonstrations.
>
> So far so good. I type help ortôl_overview and I am redirected to the
> last help^page I l consulted ("disp" in the present case).

You must close and reopen the help browser, to make it aware of the new
loaded modules and their documentation.

> Back to the console, I write demo_gui() and chose ortpoly in the popup
> menu. Scilab replies
>
> à la ligne   -11 du fichier exécuté
> C:\Users\grivet\AppData\Local\SCILAB~1.1\contrib\Ortpol\0315DD~1.1\demos\Ortpol.dem.gateway.sce
> à la ligne    41 de la fonction demo_gui_update (
> C:\Users\grivet\AppData\Local\scilab-6.0.1\modules\demo_tools\macros\demo_gui_update.sci
> ligne 58 )
> get_absolute_file_path : Le fichier ortpol.dem.gateway.sce n'est pas
> ouvert dans Scilab.

I get the same error, indeed. Please report it on the Ortpol forge.

> Further question: What should I do to uninstall these modules ?

Which ones? Linalg to Apifun, that you did not required? There are
dependencies of Ortpol. If you uninstall them, some Ortpol code will fail.

To uninstall Ortpol:
--> atomsRemove Ortpol
This will also uninstall its dependencies, provided that they are not
used by some other modules installed intentionnaly.

Samuel