[Scilab-users] Sockets in scilab 6.0

Adrian Weeks aweeks at hidglobal.com
Wed Jun 27 13:04:30 CEST 2018

Hi James,

I'm glad you've managed to get more working.
It's been some time since I worked on this so I can't remember most of the details.
My oscilloscope (HP) is quite old and has a RS232 connection. I do remember that I spent quite a lot of time getting it to work correctly, like you, fighting CR LF problems. I'm glad  that I did because now I have my own software to control the oscilloscope and I use it for everything.
Using TCL directly, with an oscilloscope monitoring the port, was the best way to see what was being transmitted and then to try experimenting with fconfigure.
You're using a TCP socket so you won't be able to do that but there is a small utility from NirSoft called SmartSniff

	https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/smsniff.html

which you may be able to use to monitor the communications.
It's quite possible that the functions 'puts', 'gets' etc. behave slightly differently when they act on a TCP socket rather than a serial port.
Good luck.

Adrian Weeks.
Engineer, Hardware Engineering EMEA.
Office: +44 (0) 2920 528500 | Direct: +44 (0) 2920 528523
Email: aweeks at hidglobal.com

HID Global, 3 Cae Gwrydd, Green Meadow Springs, Cardiff, CF15 7AB , United Kingdom
www.hidglobal.com