[Scilab-users] unable to read a hdf5 file under windows

amonmayr at laas.fr amonmayr at laas.fr
Mon Mar 19 13:00:54 CET 2018

Le 19/03/2018 à 11:35, paul.carrico at free.fr a écrit :

> Hi All
>
> I'm still wondering why I cannot open a hdf5 file under windows, while
> it works find under linux
>
> (I'm using the latest scilab release in both cases - hdf5 file was
> made using h5py librarie)
>
> The path & file name are corect, so ?????
>
> Any trouble under windows?
>
> Paul
>
> ####################
>
> PATH  =  get_absolute_file_path("test_read_hdf5.sce");
> fichier  =  "Results_gzip.h5";
> resu  =  h5open(PATH  +  fichier);
>
> h5open : Impossible d'ajouter des données au fichier (non HDF5) :
> D:\***\Results_gzip.h5.
> Description HDF5: unable to open file: name =
> 'D:\***\Results_gzip.h5', errno = 2, error message = 'No such file or
> directory', flags = 0, o_flags = 0.

That's weird.
Can you share a small hdf5 file that exhibits this problem?
I might try to read it from linux/windows.
The only windows-specific hdf5 bug I am aware of is related to unknown
types for some integers.
Are you sure your problem is not something related to the difference in
path definition & handling between linux and windows?

Antoine