[Scilab-users] FEA and geometry

Claus Futtrup cfuttrup at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 16:54:22 CEST 2018

Hi there

It's Easter soon and I thought, maybe I could play around a bit with Scilab
and figure out how to read a geometry and do some Finite Element Analysis?
Maybe not finished during Easter ... first step would be to read a geometry
from e.g. a CAD file and I wonder if Scilab supports this?

I found this ATOMS module for reading STL files:
https://fileexchange.scilab.org/toolboxes/490000

Are there any other options out there? ... or, how would you approach such
a task?

Second I found CGLab, which interfaces to CGAL (Computational Geometry
Algorithms Library) which seems like it could analyze and define a mesh...
but then again, an STL file in itself is like a mesh.

I'm curious for input, to get started in the right direction.

Best regards,
Claus