[Scilab-users] [SEP] factorial() extension on [171, 10^14]

Rafael Guerra jrafaelbguerra at hotmail.com
Fri May 4 16:13:55 CEST 2018

Hi Samuel,

How are in the proposed extension the resulting very large numbers represented?
In other words, how are the limitations of double precision overcome and can we do math with such very large integers?

PS: In Scilab the gammaln() function allows computing the logarithm of the factorial for large integers.

Regards,
Rafael