[Scilab-users] HDF5 save is super slow

Arvid Rosén arvid at softube.com
Tue Oct 16 13:01:27 CEST 2018

From: users <users-bounces at lists.scilab.org> on behalf of "amonmayr at laas.fr" <amonmayr at laas.fr>
Date: Tuesday, 16 October 2018 at 09:53
To: "users at lists.scilab.org" <users at lists.scilab.org>
Subject: Re: [Scilab-users] HDF5 save is super slow

Couldn't you create your own atom package that restore this raw memory dump for scilab 6.0?
I understand why we moved away from this model, but it seems to be key for you.
There is always a trade-off between portability (and robustness) and raw speed...

Yeah, if that was possible, I would certainly do it. We already have a bunch of C/C++ binaries that we compile and link dynamically, but for that to be easy to implement, I guess the lists and structures need to be stored linearly in one consecutive chunk of memory. I don’t know if that is the case. Anyone? C++ integrations and gateways are very poorly documented at the moment.
Otherwise, I would need to do some recursive implementation, that handles a bunch of different object types. Sounds painful.

Cheers,
Arvid