[Scilab-users] Unable to update ATOMS packages - Scilab 6.0.1

Pndsc chrisp at poundsc.org
Tue Oct 16 23:26:25 CEST 2018

Hi Antoine,

I gave this another go today, doing a fresh reinstall of Kubuntu 18.04 and
installing scilab using sudo as the very first thing I did after a sudo
apt-get upgrade. The same issue persists with ATOMS after doing this.

Following the installation instructions using wget for the 6.0.1 and nightly
build zips gave me multiple java errors ("Scilab cannot create Scilab Java
Main-Class" and X11GLXDrawableFactory issues) and a completely (instead of
"only" partially) install.

I've even done the above with 5.5.2 hoping that the issues would be resolved
with the earlier version.

I'm fresh out of ideas and can only think that maybe it has something to do
with my computer using a Ryzen 1700 processor.

I cant lie, I am bitterly disappointed that Scilab appears to be broken in
this manner.