[Scilab-users] HDF5 save is super slow

Clément DAVID clement.david at scilab-enterprises.com
Thu Oct 18 16:06:11 CEST 2018

> > Why is the code for structs (lines 242--74)  commented out ? Is it
> > broken or else ?
> If var2vec() / vec2var() could be extended to provide a universal way to serialize / deserialize really any scilab variable, that would be really nice.
> Could we make a SEP or fill a bug as a wish ?

Yep I have no problem to allocate a SEP for that, vec2var / var2vec might be used elsewhere but the format need to be documented for all managed types. Handle, for example, will probably not be stored at first. A SEP might even be good to define the real need for that "a Scilab variable dump for cheap and fast access" and to clearly state that this encoding might change across OS, hardware or Scilab versions.

Are you interested in writing it ?

Thanks,

--
Clément