[Scilab-users] How to Install SCILAB 5.5.2 on Ubuntu 18.04

philippe rouxph.22 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 14:19:41 CEST 2018

Hi,

Le 18/10/2018 à 13:23, Samuel Enibe a écrit :
> I have installed SCILAB 6.0.1 on Ubuntu 18.04 but it is experiencing so
> many problems. One of these is the inability to Install modules from ATOMS.

Each time there is a major upgrade the first versions scilab-*.0.* have
always been bugged and waited toolboxes upgrade for a long time. It's
probably normal for a major upgrade and we have to wait for scilab-6.1.0
release to get something more stable.

> To circumvent this problem, I downloaded the binary version of 5.5.2 and
> installed it using the instructions on SCILAB wiki. Unfortunately, the
> installation does not work at all.

On the contrary to other major upgrades that's the first time I face the
impossibility to downgrade to older version of scilab. It's a big
problem for me too.

> Is there another way of doing the installation of 5.5.2?

the only way I found is to install the windows binaries on linux with wine :

wine scilab-5.5.2_x64.exe

and then launch scilab with the command line :

wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/scilab-5.5.2/bin/WScilex.exe

It looks to work until you don't need to increase stacksize.

Best regards,

Philippe