[Scilab-users] Scilab 6.0.1 and OSX Mojave

stephane.mottelet at utc.fr stephane.mottelet at utc.fr
Wed Oct 31 10:19:33 CET 2018

  rickygzz97 at gmail.com a écrit :

> I need your help, with the new Mojave update and running scilab,
>
> I fully don´t understand what to do, please I really need to use
> this application, I have to go to the terminal, and then I couldn't
> do anything, it displays that this system may fail, and only
> supported by mountain lion to high sierra
>
> Need your help ASAP

You have to remove some libraries bundled with Scilab. In order that
you just have to copy/paste the following commands, make sure that you
have copied scilab 6.0.1 to the /Applications folder:

rm /Applications/scilab-6.0.1.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/thirdparty/libBLAS.dylib

  rm /Applications/scilab-6.0.1.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/thirdparty/libz.1.dylib

After removing these libraries, Scilab should start. However, you may
be prompted to install an old Java version, which is available at the
following url:

https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1572

S.